Thursday, October 31, 2013

Online Assignment #2_Isaac Ama

After taking the VALS survey, it told me that I am primarily an Innovator.  My secondary personality is Experiencer.  After reading through the descriptions of each, I have to admit, it is quite accurate. The thing that caught my attention most about being an Innovator was the part that says, "Image is important to Innovators, not as evidence of status or power, but as an expression of their taste, independence, and personality." This is very fitting to me, because I don't buy things because they are "in style" or are becoming a huge trend, I just buy things that I like and that are an expression of who I am, but it also says their purchases are often “upscale” tastes, and often the things I like are quite expensive. It also fits me well, because it says that Innovators express all three primary motivations, at least to some extent. After having read through all the other descriptions, there are definitely parts of each that add up to how I am. 
My secondary type of Experiencer is also applicable.  Similarly to the Innovator, I'm very motivated by self-expression. I'm occasionally (more often than I should be) subject to impulse buys, and I become enthusiastic about new things very quickly, but can lose interest very fast. I definitely seek excitement and am very "offbeat". I do a lot of spending for social activities and entertainment.  The biggest flaw that either description had was that as an Innovator I'm supposed to enjoy sparkling water…I hate that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment