Thursday, October 31, 2013

Online Assignment #2_Alec Cordero

My primary VALS type that I received was Striver, yet I strongly believe that this classification does not accurately reflect my overall personality in a lot of ways. A Striver is described as trendy and concerned with other people's opinions, yet I feel like I am extremely out of touch with the mainstream media and pay little to no attention to the opinions of other people. I believe in free thinking and figuring out the truth by oneself rather than having to constantly rely on the approval of others to make your life worth living. While I believe that money is an important factor in a career, I don't consider to be the most important factor. Being happy with your job and receiving enjoyment out of it pays more than any amount of money in the world. I take the phrase "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life" to heart because I think people should work for a greater purpose besides money. While I am a bit of an impulsive buyer sometimes, I believe that I've become more moderate in my spending as of late. I consider my second VALS type as an Experiencer to be more consistent with  my actual personality because I agree that I am very self-expressive, enthusiastic, and willing to take on new opportunities whenever they arise. I definitely enjoy variety and surprises in my life as opposed to a mundane rat race-like existence. I certainly enjoy exercising, hiking, playing music, and socializing, especially at concerts. I don't spend money on anything besides the occasional band t-shirt, concert ticket, CD, video game, or book, so entertainment is a very important part of my life. I try not to put too much emphasis on image or material objects since I believe that the quality of a person's character exceeds that of his material purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment