Monday, September 23, 2013

First Online Assignment, Erin O'Brien

1. I was born and raised in a suburb of St. Paul, MN until I came here to Madison last fall. I will forever remain a Gopher fan EXCEPT for when they are playing the Badgers.

2. Being at school on my laptop most of the day I accumulate a lot of my news online. More specifically through Twitter where I follow NBC News, CNN, and other media. When home however I enjoy watching The Today Show and NBC's Nightly News.

3. Currently my favorite TV show is One Tree Hill, only because I watched all nine seasons of it on Netflix this summer. Anything that comes from the CW is always a favorite of mine. However, through an immense amount of peer pressure I have recently started Breaking Bad and can easily see it coming into competition with OTH as one of my favorite shows.

4. I  can't say I have a favorite catch phrase but I do have a least favorite catch phrase and that's YOLO. "You Only Live Once" is a poor excuse for going out and doing the crazy things that we want to do in life. We should be living our life in certain ways because we have the desire to live that way. The desire to act on an idea is much more influential and important that the fact that we "only live once".

5. Miley Cyrus. I used to love her back in middle school on Hannah Montana. While I admit that the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus concert of 2008 was one of the best concerts I've ever been to (at the time), I cannot stand her as a performer, or talent for that matter, anymore. I personally find her embarrassing for our generation of young adults.

6. I'm really into acoustic/light rock right now so I'd love to hear anything from John Mayer or Mat Kearny. Very mellow.

7. This video got me through finals week last year. I love that there's still people out there who don't take themselves too seriously and can make fun at any moment...and I love Bon Jovi.

No comments:

Post a Comment